Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Beginning

One weekend, she called me early on a Saturday. I was still asleep as I had slept at 2 in the morning after watching the latest release in my laptop.
“Can we meet today at Starbucks?” she said.
I looked the wall clock. It was 10:30 am.
Seeing the fog outside in the chilly morning, I said, “Isn't it too far? Let’s meet somewhere nearby if you say?”
“I don’t know. I want you to wake up and get ready. I will see you at 2 pm at Starbucks, else you are dead”, she disconnected the call.
Kritika & I have been more than just friends, but less than lovers from over two weeks. I was wondering that I was going too fast like I went last time in Apoorva’s case.
I woke up and didn’t bath. It was too much low temperature to bath.
I decided to tell her about Apoorva that day and so I picked up printed copy of my book and took the metro to the Rajiv Chowk for Starbucks.
couldn't find her anywhere inside the coffee shop. I dialed her number.
“Where are you?” I said in a soft voice so that foreigners could enjoy their own coffee in our country.
“Look at the gate, I am just entering”, she entered with like 12 odd carry bags with different brand labels printed over them with her phone between her ear and shoulder.
I walked towards the door and helped her to carry her bags. She had already booked a table for two.
She sat and took out her rubber band from her pony and tied it again. She looked hottest among all the foreigners sitting around.
“What will you have?” I asked.
“Ahhh…just one Caffe Latte. I just wanted a cosy place to sit and drink the coffee with you.”
“Okay, I will order the same then.”
While our coffees took a little time to brew, I myself touched the topic of Apoorva. A cunning smile appeared on her lustrous pink lips. She asked me start from the start. I took out the copy of the printed book from my bag and passed it to her.
“I want you to read it yourself”, I said while she read the title of the book.
“Sweetly Broken- Every Time I see you? Ummm…Not bad…Looks like lots of hard work had been put it.”
I smiled and she read the first chapter without uttering a single word. I kept checking out pretty faces of the
hot girls around but none could beat the bomb-shell sitting with me on my table.
“Will you do me a favor?” she said while we sipped in the world’s best coffee.
“You just have to say. I won’t say no to you.”
“Let’s go from here. Let’s sit in the garden outside. I will tell you what you have to do then”.
We paid the cheque and went outside. I carried half of her shopping bags for 350 meters.  I could easily see a black colour one piece inside one of the bags.
Sun had risen up after 3 days. The sunlight made the chilly day much better to sit in the garden.
We took a bench and she settled her shopping bags all around.
“Yes, what do you want me to do now? Let me tell you, I am very bad at singing and dancing”, I said.”
“Stupid. I am well aware of this fact”, she teased and continued, “I want you to read book to me here, right now and you can’t leave until you complete it”, she said in a cutest tone I ever heard from her.
“I want you to read it yourself.”
“No, I want to listen it from you. I want to see your facial expressions when you read. I want you to relive those days again”, she said looking at my face and tapping the cover page of the book.
“Kritika, I don’t want to read it. Please, I don’t want to read anything about her. I have moved on.”
“Oh, I See Mr. sweetly broken, every time I talk about her. You think you are smart enough that you could just change away a topic in a second. I am a lady, and you should remember that please. I will never let the gossip go away just like that.”
“I get it. Miss Sagittarius  where do you want me to start”, there was no point of discussing when I knew one can’t easily beat a Sagittarius.
Kritika’s too much cuteness at her face couldn't stop me to pull the book from her lap and open it. I could end up writing another chapter to describe her beauty. Should I? No. Let’s keep that part later.
She asked me to take out my phone and switch it off because she didn't want to get disturbed. She switched off her phone as well.
“Should we sit here only or do you want to sit somewhere else?” I insisted.
“Is Nikhil at home right now?” she asked.
“I guess he must have for the movie. He was talking about it last night. Should I call him and confirm it?”
“Yeah. That will be great. Here…call him”, she said passing me my phone.
I dialled his number. The loud music as soon as he picked up the call cleared my way to move back to my flat with Kritika. I still confirmed.
“Nikhil, where are you?”
I couldn’t listen to what he said due to lot of background noise. Just then, he messaged.
‘I am out with Shika. The keys are near kept the electricity meter. Will be back late in the night *wink* ’
The winking smiley at the end made me curious that we both might have our best night of life.